What Is a Questionnaire?
According to the academically accepted definition, a questionnaire is a part of writing that is presented in a form of a series or a list of questions that intend to get some information from the target audience. Questionnaires can be written for different purposes and in different contexts, but they persevere the same aim – to get clear answers to some specific questions and, as a result, derive an in-depth understanding of the given topic. A questionnaire for research paper writing is required in cases when you need to provide some practical results or when you have to conduct a qualitative study, where you obtain information from the respondents. When it comes to research paper writing, questionnaires serve as an effective tool for collecting data, especially various responses from different population strata. As a research tool, a questionnaire is reliable and demonstrative as it adds up to the overall validity of the research.
As tools, questionnaires are widely used in the research process as this tool is not expensive and affordable. What is even more important, it allows you to obtain a large volume of data and you do not have to spend a lot of time on the data gathering process. In contrast to the interview, where you need to cooperate with each individual separately, in this case, you just send out one questionnaire to different people and gather data. What is even more important, questionnaires can be particularly effective when you need to measure some intentions, likings, and behaviors of people.
Question Types That Should Be Included in a Questionnaire
Open-ended vs. closed-ended questions
- Open-ended questions do not impose any limit regarding the choices given. When one receives a questionnaire where there are some open-ended questions, the person should just formulate his/ her answer according to the set question. In other words, there is freedom of expression when it comes to this question type. Normally, open-ended questions are placed at the end of the questionnaire after the respondents have answered the closed-ended questions.
- Closed-ended questions set the limit of answers for a respondent. Normally, this type of question is used in quantitative studies, unlike open-ended questions that are used for qualitative studies. When answering closed-ended questions, a respondent may be required to choose one answer of the two or more possible, to range something on a scale, etc.
Survey vs. Questionnaire
Many research projects are considered to be incomplete without questionnaires or surveys that intend to provide some qualitative results and real data. Questionnaires are effective when one needs to measure and analyze one`s behavior. Imagine that you need to carry out marketing research that intends to find out about customers` behaviors, how they occur, what they depend on, etc. As such, you need to formulate questions that are appropriate for acquiring that aim or objective.
Learn more interesting information about Article Writing:"Buy Research Papers with an Annotated Bibliography"
How to Succeed When Writing a Questionnaire for Research Paper
- Consider your target respondents
You need to make sure that the questionnaire is properly understood by your target audience. As such, avoid overly sophisticated terms and professional jargon. If you are aware that there may be some terms or concepts that are hard to understand, make sure you define and interpret them. Clarity is the key thing here.
- Do not make the questionnaire complicated
Each question should ask about one concept/ thing/ phenomenon. Make sure that a single question is devoted to a single idea. Please avoid loaded questions that ask a few things at once, and thus confuse the readers.
- Avoid biased statements
Questionnaires are often aimed at checking the validity of some ideas, so cramming the very questionnaire with some bias or prejudice may be a contradiction in terms. Make your questionnaire as objective as possible. Your readers should appeal to their ratio and critical thinking while responding to it.
Common Problems in Student Questionnaire
- you frequently use of leading questions;
- you present your assumptions or imply opinions already in the formulation of the question;
- you use sophisticated terms or concepts that may confuse the reader;
- you expect from the respondent to answer the question according to their own beliefs and opinions;
- you formulate questions as if the respondent was fully aware of the topic, so you omit some important details and clarifications;
- you tend to formulate double-barreled questions;
- you use unknown or complicated vocabulary that makes the reader look up unknown words in the dictionary;
- you are asking two questions in one, and the respondent may be confused about what question they should answer.
Remember that questions should be formulated in such a way that they neither imply nor hint at anything. Besides, the questions should be neutral in order not to prompt any emotions in the respondents. If it is hard for you to choose proper words, be sure that you can rely on our experts for help – they will do their best work to formulate questions properly. As such, the results of the questionnaire will not depend on how clearly and objectively you formulate the questions.
The Main Features of a Questionnaire for Research Paper
- A questionnaire is affordable and so it can be used in any research process. You may place the survey on a separate website or you can share the link in student forums and thus collect the necessary data, and so on. Just double-check whether the link does not automatically appear in the spam section.
- The same questionnaire can be sent out to multiple respondents at the same time.
- A questionnaire is a time-saving method of collecting information. You do not have to investigate the given matter in-depth – you need to analyze thoughts and collected opinions.
- A benefit of a questionnaire is the ability to interview not only a single individual but also a group of people.
- Questionnaire forms enable one to compare and contrast answers provided by different respondents. As such, you may then classify them according to some criteria.
- Questionnaires can enable respondents to preserve their confidentiality and privacy. People can remain anonymous without risking their privacy and information leakage.
- Questionnaires can be used for collecting information no matter what the topic is. They can be effective provided that the formulations of the questions do not offend respondents in any way.
How to Structure Your Questionnaire
First and foremost, a questionnaire should be structured in a way that is expected from your academic supervisor or professor. Pay attention to the layout of the questionnaire and the format of each question in terms of formulation and answers given. Second, make your questionnaire versatile and include different types of questions into your questionnaire: both open-ended and closed-ended. The types of questions will help you decide on the format of your questionnaire. On the whole, in terms of structure, your questionnaire should have the following constituents:
- cover page;
- body of the questionnaire (the very list of questions and the answers to be chosen);
- brief conclusion.
Learn more interesting information about Article Writing:"Writing Research Proposals"
Many students entirely overlook the importance of formatting since the main focus is placed on the structure and content, i.e. question formulation. However, the very formatting plays a key role in a questionnaire. You need to maintain clarity, consistency, and a logical connection between the questions. The format should be as clear and simple as possible in order not to distract the focus of attention from the very questions and the essence of the questionnaire. If you want your questionnaire to be effective, check on whether it is:
- easy to read and comprehend;
- based on credible and trustworthy facts;
- is free from confusing or dubious terms.
You assigned a really highly skilled writer to my recent writing project and the job he did was carefully thought-out and detailed. I can only say that I am more than happy with the effort he made. All I now want to say is “thank you” and that I expect to use your writing service again very soon.
I am extremely thankful for the help you gave me with my paper on Regulating the Internet in the Modern Age. I found reading the final paper a great joy and I am confident my tutor will really like it too. I also want to mention your customer support team. Everyone was really friendly and polite and they knew their stuff, the best support team I have come across! This is a rare quality nowadays where a lot of people do their work in a half-hearted way and give the impression they do not much care. The customer care team at Bestwritingservice.co.uk is a real exception!
The Bestwritingservice.co.uk writer sure did a magnificent job on my essay. It got me an A and a pass for my course (which surprised me). I am massively appreciative of the effort you put into helping me succeed this past term. Thank you!
The subject of Literacy is very important. When my professor gave me a paper to write on this subject, I set about looking for a world-class writing service to give me some pointers. My search led me to Bestwritingservice.co.uk. The paper I got was a shining example of how a good term paper should look. I am indebted to your company forever for providing such an amazing piece of work. A thousand heartfelt thanks!
When I asked Bestwritingservice.co.uk to provide a suitable writer I did not think the person they assigned would do such a superb job. I would like him to help me again in the future. His style of writing was really good and the paper made for intelligent reading.
A perfect paper! Just perfect! Could not be better! A big thank you!
Your ability to research a topic and write great papers has earned my respect. Every time I have used Bestwritingservice.co.uk, I have found your company amazing.
If there was a single word I could choose to describe Bestwritingservice.co.uk it would be “fantastic.” You really know how to do things properly. The paper I got from you was incomparable to anything I have ever seen. It surprised and delighted me. What was better, I received an amazing A+ for it!
I got my paper on Gender Equality from your writing service so thank you very much. Your writer did a compelling job. She really mastered the topic and it got me a top grade.
The best writing service in the world – that is what Bestwritingservice.co.uk is! Someone had told me this some time ago and then I contacted you and found it is all true. This is the fourth writing service I have used. I found the last three very disappointing. Your company is very different and a great deal better. I am really grateful for the assistance you provided with my recent essay. I got a good grade for it and I expect to call on you again very soon.
Write My Questionnaire for Me
Keep in mind that if you are confident in your skills or expertise when it comes to questionnaire writing, you should not struggle with the assignment but rather trust it to professional writers. Our service provides custom questionnaire writing help that can help you save your time and efforts that could have otherwise been spent on the overwhelmingly tough task.
We fully realize that working on a questionnaire is a complicated assignment. First of all, you are required to do some extensive reading on a specific topic, study some background information, and then come up with the way for formulating questions in an unbiased and objective way. Second, you need to be well-versed in the number of question types to formulate the most effective questions in relation to the topic. If you doubt that you will maintain the necessary enthusiasm, motivation, and perseverance, you’d better rely on our service for help.
When you cooperate with our service, you can rest assured that you will be guided through the process by expert writers who have decent experience in conducting questionnaires. Each questionnaire that clients order from us is original and authentic. Besides, it serves to meet individual needs. So, if you need expert assistance with your writing, do not hesitate and contact us right now.